Media careers have a glamorous and prestige reputation in people’s eyes. When we discuss the media, it is not only referred to everything that aimed at the public. I believe every career has its perks, new media career also has its own.
The Plus And Minus New Media Career
By entering a career in the media sector, you will be faced with personal choices before you take a shot at making your career up in the television, radio, and online or print industry. This is a challenging field everyone competes in jumping into. This article about pros and cons of working in the new media career may help you to have a clear sight. Let’s have a check!
- Pros of career in media industry
- You will meet plenty of important people, it will help you to widen your social circle and build a good relationship with them.
- Working in media is full of limited, literally everything can occur within any second you would never expect. You have no idea what a day will bring if you work in media.
- Witnessing history, you will get a chance to ask the question, share information, and investigate directly to those who are involved in the important event.
- Cons of career in media industry
- New competition. Newspaper reporters are now demanded to shoot videos for websites and television reporter is forced to use media social such as Facebook, Twitter, or even blogs. The company might start to look for new staffs that are an expert on technology.
- A bad reputation. Numerous surveys show that public has a trust issue with people who work in media. Based on how today’s news and everything we read either it’s printed or online are full of bias and logical fallacy.
There are both rewards and significant sacrifice in stepping a career in new media career as with any other profession. Bonne chance!